That's right! We're as confident about the upcoming release of the Treo 850 as our sister-site WMExperts was of the Treo 800w. Confident enough that we're going to run a contest to give one away when it's officially released on AT&T!
Why so confident? We had some leaked pics (above) of the 850 followed by some leaked specs. Plus, I found a leather belt case for the device recently listed over at Nutshell's website.
Also, Ed Colligan mentioned in the recent Palm Q4 FY08 Financial Results that multiple WM products would be coming:
We expect to refresh our Windows Mobile product line soon and to continue to expand our product offerings into the Fall timeframe. These new products will deliver major advancement in all areas of smartphone technology, including high performance 3G Radio, integrated Wi-Fi, integrated point-of-interest capabilities based on GPS technology, fantastic design and out of box experience, based on the latest platform technology from Microsoft and enhanced by Palm's famous ease of use.
The Treo 800w has already arrived, so we figure that the 850 has to be the next one since we've been seeing leaked pics and specs.
The Treo 850, a GSM WM Treo, is said to have Wi-Fi, a 320 x 320 screen, micro-SD slot, micro-USB connector, 2 MP camera, Bluetooth 2.0, and a 1500 mAh battery. I sure hope the battery will actually be 1500 mAh because the 800w has the same 1150 mAh battery that the Centro uses. I would much prefer a larger capacity battery. I have to swap out my Centro's battery for a fresh one quite frequently.
So, would you like the chance to win one? I thought so! The winner will receive:
How to Enter
Register and post a reply to this post in this TreoCentral thread, guessing the exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 850 will be officially announced and released on AT&T. You can guess as many times as you'd like, but only your most recent guess in the contest thread will count as your entry.
- One entry per person (i.e. your most recent guess) Also, although you can guess as often as you like, your guess must be at least 2 weeks away from the date you're posting (ex. if you post on September 1st, your guess cannot be before September 14th).
- Contest will end at midnight the day before an official date is announced by either Palm or AT&T.
- Not open to employees or contractors of Smartphone Experts (sorry to our writers and mods!), Palm, T-Mobile or AT&T (no cheaters!)
- Contest open to US residents only, it is AT&T, after all
- We'll pick the winner randomly from all the posts that get it right or, if none do, from the posts that get closest (assuming there's more than one). Closest can be before or after.
Head on over to the forums and enter! ;-)