Palm released the Palm Desktop 6.2 Beta for Windows back in July 2007. As evidenced on the TreoCentral forums, Treo owners have had problems with the software update. Some Treo owners exerienced problems syncing with Bluetooth while others had problems with third party programs working.
Palm has now posted a new build, a final version, of the Palm Desktop for Windows Vista; Palm Desktop by ACCESS 6.2 for Windows
and HotSync Manager 7.0.
- Integrated Desktop: Provides a single desktop and conduit compatibility across all Palm OS 3.5.x through 5.4.x devices.
- Enterprise Friendly HotSync Enhancements: HotSync Manager 7.0 is a standalone application, and no longer requires Palm Desktop to be installed on the computer. All user management functionality has been moved into HotSync Manager 7.0 Migration Tools: the installer checks for the latest settings and reports any known incompatibilities with third-party software.
- Multilingual Support: Localized in Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- Install Tool: The Install Tool, which replaces the "Palm Quick Install" tool, allows you to sync .prc and .pdb files (Palm OS applications and databases) to your device. See note about Palm Quick Install Tool under "What's NOT in this software?" below.
- Outlook 2007 synchronization: Allows you to use your USB sync cable to synchronize with Outlook 2007's Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes. This version includes all previously released patches such as the Outlook 2007 Update.
What's NOT in this software?:
This version of Palm Desktop does not include some features of previous Palm Desktop versions:
- Palm Quick Install Tool: The Palm Quick Install Tool has been replaced by the Install Tool, which lets you install applications onto your device through HotSync.
- VersaMail HotSync synchronization: You will not be able to synchronize email through the USB sync cable. Wireless email synchronization, including Exchange ActiveSync for Outlook accounts, is not affected by this limitation.
Birthdays and Anniversary reminders that appear in the Calendar on your Palm device will not appear in the Calendar in the Palm Desktop application.
- This does not apply to manually created Calendar events; it only applies to reminders generated from the Contacts application fields for Birthday and Anniversary on your device. These reminders will not appear in Palm Desktop, but they will be backed up on your computer when you sync, and they will be restored to your Palm device if you erase your device and then perform a HotSync operation to retrieve data from a backup.
Color coding of events in the Calendar is no longer supported.
64-bit Editions of Windows Vista are not supported.
Note: You may need to re-install third-party applications with which you currently synchronize. Check with the third-party software's vendor for updates.
Compatible Palm devices:
- Palm Centro
with Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Treo 755p , 700p, 680
with Windows Vista
- Palm TX, Z22
with Windows Vista
- Tungsten E2
with Windows Vista
The new build is compatible with Windows Vista Basic, Premium, Business, and Ultimate 32-bit editions. Note that 64-bit editions of Vista are not supported.
You can read more about the update here.
You can download the update, which is a 65.2MB zip file, here.
Copyright 1999-2016 TreoCentral. All rights reserved :
TREO and TreoCentral are trademarks or registered trademarks of palm, Inc. in the United States and other countries;
the TreoCentral mark and domain name are used under license from palm, Inc.
The views expressed on this website are solely those of the proprietor, or
contributors to the site, and do not necessarily reflect the views of palm, Inc.
Read Merciful by Casey Adolfsson