|Tue Oct 24, 2006 - 1:22 PM EDT - By Dieter Bohn
Palm released the Treo 650 Updater 1.05a for Verizon Wireless last week. It's nice to see Palm is still supporting hardware that's theoretically been overtaken by newer Treos.
Those of us with 700 series Treos, however, are starting a feel a little antsy: Verizon users still can't get the extra program memory the 700wx provides; 700p users are agitating for a ROM update; 700wx users on Sprint still aren't able to SMS non-Sprint phones; and both 700w and 700wx users are taking matters into their own hands to try to get what the 750v already has: threaded text messaging.
So here's to hoping that last week's Verizon Treo 650 update is a harbinger of more ROM updates to come.
But I digress. Here's the info on the update for Verizon Treo 650s:
Treo 650 smartphone for Verizon Wireless customers
Maximize your Treo 650 capabilities with the latest updates from Palm.com. Download our latest release to get a variety of enhancements, including:
- Enhanced memory handling for opening larger web pages
- Optimized Bluetooth� performance and added support for additional headsets and carkits
- Adds Dial Preferences screen to Phone Application
- Enhancement to Date/Time preference panel to address daylight savings time and network time
- Replaces Wireless Sync application with Wireless Sync over-the-air provisioning client
- Adds support for certain cradle-based accessories, including speaker docks
- Integrates the Treo 650 E911 Updater to improve the ability of emergency room response personnel to locate users who dial 911 from the Treo 650 smartphone
...Don't forget the important note when you go to download the update:
Note: Those who use the VersaMail application as the default email application will need to download and install the version of the application here after installing this Treo 650 update.
Copyright 1999-2016 TreoCentral. All rights reserved :
TREO and TreoCentral are trademarks or registered trademarks of palm, Inc. in the United States and other countries;
the TreoCentral mark and domain name are used under license from palm, Inc.
The views expressed on this website are solely those of the proprietor, or
contributors to the site, and do not necessarily reflect the views of palm, Inc.
Read Merciful by Casey Adolfsson