Welcome to this week's roundup! We've got lots of software to look at so let's get started.
Palm OS New:
Study Notes Organizer v2.0
Study Notes Organizer, by ieosoft, organizes your notes by each subject and chapter. Besides writing notes, it supports notes sketching for, a picture tells thousand words. Notes sorted by date jotted. You may also sort them by chapter.
This would be a great app for you students who are just starting back to school. Seems to be a much more fun way to take notes than with pencil and paper alone.
- You may share your notes with classmates with added beam function.
- You can now export your note to PC.
- You can also check the notes have been completed by checking at complete check box.
- Subject edit is now more flexible and user friendly. Subjects can be sorted ascending or descending.
- Longer chapter field allow for longer description.
- New color theme and design.
- Palm OS 5 Compatible.
- Screen shoot html documentation helps you get started without much pain.
Grab it here for $6.50.
Handcase has released HandHome, a suite of 15 tools. Organizer of all the information in your home. Maintenance, Insurance, Laundry, Payments, Useful Phones (including in the list of emergency), Employees, Diary, Taxes, Gifts, Subscribes, Reminders, Services, Expenses, and Extras, Notes with checklist.
Get HandHome here for $15.00.
KeyGEx, by Ryhor Burakou, the same developer who made TouchLauncher, is a Preference Panel that replaces the Palm Treo Keyguard. Enhance the default keyguard with signal, battery, date and time info, or use the keyguard in a whole new way!
- beautiful and simple interface
- allows "Slide to Unlock"
- stylish wallpaper support
- shows date and time in LARGE fonts
- shows ringer switch status
- shows batery info
- allows disabling of Center D-pad button unlock
This is a nice-looking keyguard replacement, and it even shows your battery meter, etc!
Get it here absolutely FREE!
Thindden, by Handcase, is an addicting puzzle game. Thindden means, Things Hidden. You play, but never know when you're making a good move because the pieces are hidden. You only know who has made a good move when the pieces explode, giving rise to new plays and score points mark. Try to guess when a good move can be achieved. Only for palm colored. Free only for users of the games of Handcase the GameScore to you organize all your moves for any type of game, ours game, console, arcade, pc or web.
- hidden automatic mode play
- Free only for users of the games of Handcase the GameScore to you organize all your moves for any type of game, ours game, console, arcade, pc or web.
Haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting!
Get it here for $8.00.
Palm OS Updated:
BellTime, by steilberg, has been updated to version 1.1.
BellTime is a multi-function alarm clock for Tungsten, Treo, Centro, and Zire PDA's and smartphones with Palm OS.
- Customizable layout with 20 slots (Full version) or 5 slots (Lite version) you can fill with
- An analog clock with flash alarm (4 slots)
- A digital clock (2 slots)
- A number of daily alarms
- Weekly alarms
- Single alarms
- Per city time zone bars
- An info bar showing the next event
- A bar for setting system time and date
- An analog egg timer (4 slots)
- Every alarm can trigger a circle pop up with variable snooze, the standard OS pop up, play sound only, or launch one of the applications on the device.
- Supports MP3 players PocketTunes, Aeroplayer, CorePlayer, TCPMP in the full version.
- Midi sound with volume escalation and repeat.
- For everything on the screen set your own colors.
- Offline drift correction for the system clock.
- With an hardware button, toggle between BellTime and any other application. Take a glance at the clock, with auto-off after 3 seconds.
- Supports devices with PalmOS 5.x and display resolutions 160x160, 320x320 and 320x480(Portrait).
Get it here for $14.70!
Butler, Initiate and PowerHero
Hobbyist Software has updated several of its apps! Read on for more info!
Butler 4.96 Beta is now available. - The assistant who thinks of everything. Alarms, Attention Grabber, Navigation, Launching, LED, Keyguard and Much More.
Butler contains 7 sets of utilities yet costs less than most single applications. Please note that Butler is only written for the Palm Treo.
New in 4.96 Beta:
- 19/aug/08 tweak to keyguard unlocking with incoming calls issue.
- 19/Aug/08 update for 600users (!) to sort colours in keyguard display.
- 19/Aug/08 able to set the background colour for the staus line and instructions line in the keyguard.
- 19/Aug/08 added Lefty preference page
- 19/Aug/08 added Lefty keyguard slider
Power Hero 1.24 is now out. It has a load of great new features, tweaks and fixes.
The main (most excellent) feature is the new console. Power Hero can now pop up a console over the top of whatever app you are in without disturbing what you are doing. Just press option p, then turn the features (phone/network/bluetooth/etc) to the state you want, press close and you are right back in your app.
The statistics module has been updated, adding the handy 'Power Hero rating' to give you an idea of how your battery usage is changing by day.
Initiate skins! - Two new skins for Initiate
The new skin builder is helping the skins to come. If you have a Mac, then give it a try!
Nanch Jatcko has created the excellent Gant skin and Rich Kendrick cas contributed another stylish number with Fiesta AND, they're both FREE!
Rob works hard to ensure he offers quality products, and constantly releases any bug fixes! Support him today!
Check out what's new here!
DVD Catalyst 3
DVD Catalyst has updated its DVD Catalyst to version 360!
DVD Catalyst 3 converts DVDs and movies quickly and easily into a format that can be played on a portable device (Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, Sony PSP, Creative Zen, Smartphone, PocketPC and more)
It offers a multitude of different video types it can create, allowing it to even create video files for non-listed or brand-new devices.
- One application supports all devices. No need to purchase an iPod video converter, a pocketpc video converter and a psp video converter, DVD Catalyst 3 does them all.
- Unrestricted trial. 7 days of full access to DVD Catalyst. No 5 minute test conversions, the files you create with the trial version are 100% identical to the full version. After the trial expires, just install the purchased version and continue where you left off
- Automatic black bar (letterbox) removal. For all conversions, DVD Catalyst 3 can remove black bars. It doesn't matter what kind of screen your device has, movies will always look full screen.
- Unique 1-click interface. While a WIZARD-like program is helpfull for the first 2 conversions, clicking through each option every time you convert a DVD gets anoying after a few conversions. DVD Catalyst 3 is uniquely designed to convert movies with as little clicks as possible. All your settings can be remembered, and after one conversion, you never have to play with the settings again. You can even set it up to start a conversion automatically whenever a new DVD or video file is found.
- Supported devices. Includes an ever expanding list of conversion profiles for all the popular devices on the market, including Pocket PC, Smartphone, XBOX 360, Playstation3, PSP, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPhone, AppleTV, Archos, Zen. If your device is not listed, just email us the specifications of your device, and we'll do what we can to make it work. There is no need to purchase the same program for other devices.
- Multi-Device queue. DVD Catalyst 3 is the ONLY application on the market that allows you to queue up as many devices as you want for conversions. If you have a variety of devices and you want to watch movies on all of them, DVD Catalyst is your best choice. Queue up your iPhone, the Wife/Daughters Nano and your son's PSP in DVD Catalyst 3, pop in a DVD and click 'Go'.
- Converts from DVDs, ISOs and Video files. Whatever format your video content is in, DVD Catalyst supports it. Convert from AVC, H264, MP4, DIVX, XVID, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, AVI, MPEG4, TiVo, DVR-MS (SD), TS, FLV, ISO, MDF and more.
- Converts to all common video formats. Whatever video format you need your files in, DVD Catalyst 3 offers more output options than anything else. Convert to AVC, H264, MP4, DIVX, XVID, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4, FLV and more.
- Automatic batching. Multiple DVD drives, video files, video folders are all automatically queued up for conversion. You can even have DVD Catalyst 3 monitor your Video Recording folders (from MediaCenter, TiVo desktop etc) to check for new files whenever they are available.
- Automatic (0 Click) conversion. You can have DVD Catalyst automatically start a conversion when a DVD is inserted; a new video file is added to your folders. All of the options in DVD Catalyst 3 can be set for automatic mode, including cropping and language/subtitle selections. You can have it run automatically when your computer starts up, so you never have to see the program again. Install it on a Home Theatre PC (HTPC) and when it's done with a DVD, it will be ejected without ever having to click a button.
- Can handle more DVDs than before. No need for additional software (AnyDVD is not needed)
- Complete freedom. While the default settings in DVD Catalyst 3 provide a good quality video file, you can (if you want) change every aspect of the conversion to your needs. One Pass/Two-Pass, Framerate, Screensize, Volume, Birghtness, Contrast and more, are all adjustable and changes will be remembered the next time you run DVD Catalyst 3
- 80 page PDF manual. While you do not need to read the manual to be able to use DVD Catalyst 3, all of its features are explained in detail. It includes documentation on various aspects of getting video content on a portable device, as well as example scenarios on how to set it up for certain tasks.
- Support. All DVD Catalyst users who had questions for us are impressed by the way we provide support. We always answer within a day, and mostly even within a few hours. We do not pile up support quests, and we actually do what we can to help. On our website we provide a support forum as well as email support for assisting our users with whatever issue they might have.
Get it here for $19.95!
EarMan, by RoGame Software, has been updated to version 2.3.
Ear Training to Go
One of the most important skills for musicians of any kind is the ability to correctly identify intervals by ear. Ear training is therefore a substantial building block of any kind of music education. Typically practicing this skill happens during class or with a private tutor and takes some time. EarMan is a tool that can enhance proficiency in ear training and can aid greatly in the process of advancing in this difficult subject.
The program offers a way for spot learning where specific interval sets can be practiced in specific ranges. This can be used to focus on weaknesses. Every session is graded in once completed. In addition EarMan offers a complete curriculum that trains the user step by step from correctly identifying simple intervals in limited groups to the full range including compound intervals.
EarMan uses RoGames sound library and includes a Grand Piano library for playback on devices with Palm OS 5.0 and higher. Intervals are shown in grand staff notation to aid the learning process. Interval sets include complementary intervals. The interface for the application has been designed to be free from distractions so that one can fully concentrate on the sound.
Also available at a reduced rate as part of Music Bundle Gold.
- all intervals
- compound intervals
- selectable ranges
- included curriculum
- automatic grading
- realistic piano sound
- compatible with RoGame's sound library
Get it here for $16.95.
Next Page: WM Software >>