Welcome to this week's software roundup. Let's round them up and see what all we've got for you this time around.
Palm OS New:
Are you like me? Do you have SO many different passwords for so many different Web sites such as your Email, online banking, etc. that you find it increasing harder and harder to remember your passwords? * mental scream! *
Well, you're in luck!
With PearPrivacy, by PearMobile Ltd., you don't need to keep in memory dozens of passwords for credit cards, bank accounts, web accounts and others any more - you can simply store them in your PDA using PearPrivacy! The only thing you have to memorize now is the password for this application. PearPrivacy is the best way to keep your personal information safe. The application uses safe and fast cryptography algorithm in combination with easy to use interface.
- Creating templates for different types of data
- Unlimited amount of records, data templates, fields
- All records are ordered and codified
- Auto lock when the device goes to the sleep mode
- Unique collection of icons
- Simple and user friendly interface
- Supports all handhelds running Palm OS 4.0 or later.
- Supports Hi-Res (320x320), Hi-Res Plus Portrait (320x480) and Landscape (480x320) mode displays.
- Supports 1/2/4/8/16-bit displays.
It's still a good idea to write down a master list of passwords in case your mobile device were to die, LoL. But, this seems like a great solution that'll take a load off your mind!
Get PearPrivacy here for just $9.95!
Math Wizard v1.3
Want a little help honing/developing your math skills for yourself or your children?
Then, check out MATHWIZARD, by Educatesoft!
MATHWIZARD is a basic math learning application designed to develop
basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills.
The speed calculation features will also help to prepare students for
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division speed test preparation.
- Palm OS Garnet and newer.
Get Math Wizard here for $9.99. A small price for great math skills!
Save Mem v1.0
Save Mem, by Handcase, is a memory manager. It works integrated with the memory card to which you move applications and games, creating direct links in the palm launcher. Each 100 kb turn 1 kb in Palm. This can save you BIG on your Palm internal memory when you're running heavy games, readers of PDF and all major applications directly from memory card.
For security, native Palm ROM applications are hidden.
- Each 100 kb turn 1 kb
- for security applications are not natives of rom viewed
- PalmOS 4.0 and card reader
Get Save Mem here for $11.00!
TEXTTUTOR, by Educatesoft, is a text entry/typing program that was created for Palm OS based handhelds to practice typing (with a wireless keyboard) and text entry. It also calculates typing speed so that users may decide which text entry method works best for them or compare text entry speeds on different handhelds.
TEXTTUTORPRO adds a few extra features at a very reasonable cost.
- accuracy tracking (the number and percentage of sequences correctly typed is recorded).
- 0 letter sequences per letter group (TEXTTUTOR only provides 5 sequences per letter group which can become too repetitive if someone is truly interested in improving text entry or typing speed).
- optional support of keyboard return or keystroke (graffiti) return rather than onscreen enter button.
- optional ability to increase the text font size for easier viewing (at the expense of the enter return).
- Palm OS Garnet 4.0 and higher.
Get TextTutorPro here for $9.99!
Palm OS Updated:
Man, I love Spider Solitaire! And, inDev Software has updated its Spider-on-the-Palm to version 1.45!
Spider-on-the-Palm is an implementation of the Spider Solitaire for Palm handhelds.
Spider Solitaire is one of best-known two-deck solitaires,
despite the fact that it's an extremely difficult game to win.
It seems to inspire a fanatic devotion among some players.
Perhaps the rareness of a win makes it all the more satisfying when,
once in a while, it does come out.
- High scores table
- Adjustable game field color
- Unlimited undo
- Two game types (standard and timed)
- Three game difficulties
- Game scoring
- Adjustable status bar
- Palm OS 2.0 and 58K free memory
Get Spider-on-the-Palm here for only $4.95!
Kinoma Player 4 EX for Palm OS 5 - English
Kinoma, Inc. has udpated its already GREAT Kinoma Player 4 EX English to version 4.5.1!
Kinoma Player 4 EX is the premiere media player for your Centro, Treo or other Palm OS 5 device!
"Kinoma Player 4 EX is almost too difficult to review. Because it is just too good."
-- James Barisic, Palm Addict
"It's like having 1,000 radio stations on preset buttons."
-- Harv Laser, TreoCentral
- Use the built-in Kinoma Media Guide to quickly search, browse and enjoy over 20,000 hours of entertainment, news, sports and weather...all built in!
- Browse and stream 1,000s of podcasts from ABC, BBC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NPR, New York Times, PRI, Reuters, and more
- Search, browse and stream 1,000s of radio stations from Clear Channel, CBS, ESPN, NPR and more
- Search, browse and play all YouTube videos -- not just the ones on their mobile site
- Browse and play webcams and traffic cams
- Play your music ripped with iTunes and Windows Media Player
- View photos of any size, right from your digital camera
- Save bookmarks to your favorite stuff
- Supports your Orb server account
- Supports MPEG-4, Windows Media Video 9 and Flash (Sorenson Spark) video
- Supports MP3, AAC, iTunes and Windows Media Audio 9 audio
- Supports ASX, M3U and PLS playlists
- Supports RSS and OPML feeds
- Supports RTSP, HTTP and MMS streaming
- Supports Bluetooth stereo headphones (requires Softick Audio Gateway)
In TreoCast episode 54, Dieter interviewed Charles Wiltgen of Kinoma about their great Kinoma player! You should listen to the entire podcast here!
Get Kinoma Player 4 Ex English here for $24.99!
MotionApps has updated its mVoice to version 5.5.7.
Record phone calls
mVoice includes true direct phone call recording capability - allowing you to record, store and manage your conversations directly on your smartphone.
Automatic phone call recording and phone call logger
You can enable automatic phone call recording in the main menu for incoming, outgoing or all calls and log all phone calls into a file. Phone call logger will provide you with the ability to share call log as CSV file.
Record sound files directly on your smartphone
mVoice is an ideal solution for taking quick voice notes on your smartphone with optimal balance between sound quality and the size of the recording. With compression option enabled, recorded files will be approximately four times smaller then the regular recording.
Start recording the new file with a single key press
The one-button recording feature enables immediate access to the recording feature for those quick important reminders or voice memos.
Transfer recordings from smartphone to Windows or Mac desktop
mVoice will turn your smartphone into a fully featured SD card reader and you will be able to drag and drop files from your device to desktop and vice versa.
Optimized for smartphone devices
mVoice is optimized for the Treo 755p, Treo 700p, Treo 680, Treo 650 and Centro devices and takes full advantage of their features, design and recording capabilities.
- Phone conversation recording (automatic or manual)
- Phone call logger with ability to share call log as CSV file
- Enable/disable 'beep' sound when recording
- Voice memo recording
- Turn your smartphone into a SD card reader
- Transfer recordings from smartphone to Windows or Mac desktop
- One-button recording
- Send recordings as a e-mail attach directly from mVoice
- Append existing recordings
- Record directly to SD card
- Record in the background while using another application
- Turn your recordings into system alarms
- Advanced noise filter
- Compress your recordings and save storage space
- Sounds are recorded in audio format compatible with most platforms and operating systems
- Unlimited recording (the only limit is the SD card memory)
- Play recordings
- Intuitive and easy to use UI
- Optimized for Treo 755p / 700p / 680 / 650 and Centro
Get mVoice here for $19.99!
Shsh Software has updated its 4cast to version 1.91!
Today & next 4 days weather, plus radar images, weather alerts, and detailed forecast.
Can also be used as a plugin for 2day, DateBk6 & ZLauncher.
- Downloads weather information from Yahoo weather.
- Displays forecast for the next 5 days,
- And details (e.g. wind, humidity, text forecast...) for today.
- Can be used as a plugin for 2day, DateBk6 & ZLauncher.
- HotSync conduit!
- Wireless web access - either on device or via HotSync to a desktop PC.
Get 4cast here for $9.95!
Next Page: WM Software >>