Welcome back, friends! This week for Palm OS new software we have IT Manager, Skulls, PhoneGuard, and HandAwe. For Palm OS updated, we have Power Hero, Resco Explorer 2009 for Palm OS, EZQuote Estimator and Diagnose!
Windows Mobile users, this week for new we have Hacker Evolution, PocketPC Battery Monitor, Bank Card Expense Tracker and Wine of the Day. For Windows Mobile updated, we have Lyma Power Budget, VITO SoundExplorer, CNetX HandyZIP and CamerAware!
Palm OS New:
IT Manager v1.0
IT Manager, by Handcase, is a suite of 6 tools integrated into a single interface to organize the work of managers of IT. You can organize all the work of resource management technology area by the company, and it offers controls that range from the update until the purchase of hardware through the contracting of services. It also offers organization of requests from other areas to services, maintenance and anything that involves the organization of services for the area of IT with other areas of the company. It offers tools Requests, Manager, Updates, Reports, Departments and Costs.
- 6 tools
Get it here for $18.00
Skulls, by Handcase, is an addictive game of logic. You play to exclude skulls of the same. Using observation and logical reasoning, your goal is to clear the screen without leaving any skull and move to the next level. For Palm color. Handcase users can use GameScore to organize all your moves for any type of game, our game, console, arcade, pc or web.
- Totally fun
- Totally weird
- GameScore for you to organize all your moves for any type of game, our game, console, arcade, pc or web
The description of Skulls puts me in mind of the game Bubble Breaker that I sometimes play on my Treo 750. Not the most fun I've ever played, but certainly not the worst either. If you like that type of game, then Skulls sounds like something you'd really enjoy!
Get Skulls here, it's only $8.00!!
PhoneGuard, by MetaViewSoft, will help you to get your device back when it's lost or stolen!
You can register up to 5 SIM cards. If a different SIM card is inserted, PhoneGuard will send silently a SMS to a defined phone number and lock the phone (using the build-in security application).
To add your SIM to the list disable PhoneGuard, insert the SIM and press ( ).
To remove a SIM from the list select it and press (-).
If a thief inserts his/her own SIM which isn't in the list of allowed SIMs, PhoneGuard will send a SMS and/or lock the device.
You can enter the number on which you want receive the SMS.
The SMS contains infos as follows (if possible to retrieve):
- Provider (Netzanbieter)
- IMSI Number (SIM-ID-Nummer)
- Receiption (Funkstärke)
- Battery level (Akkustand %)
- IMEI (Geräte-Nummer)
- Phone number (Telefonnummer)
- Base Station Info
- Cell Info (containing LAC and CID)
To see on screen what you might get as SMS press the (Test) button.
The unregistered version will work unlimited but will show an alert before sending the SMS and/or locking the phone.
- on unauthorized access
- send message
- lock device
- get coordinates
- new phone number
In theory, this sounds like a great idea! I'm not familiar with the actual process of recovering a stolen phone, so I don't understand how this program would help you get your stolen device back. I'm sure there is a process and that there must be a way to trace your phone should someone try to use a different SIM with your phone and the program reports back to you, or to whoever can help you. I like the idea!
Get PhoneGuard here for only $4.99! A small price if it could lead to you recovering your lost or stolen device!!
HandAwe, by Handcase, is a traditional variant of African game called Oware, Awele or Kahala played by adults and used for competitions. Two modes: You versus Friend and You versus Palm. Four levels. For Palm color. Handcase members can use the GameScore to organize all your moves for any type of game, our game, console, arcade, pc or web.
- 2 modes
- 4 levels
- GameScore for you to organize all your moves for any type of game, our game, console, arcade, pc or web
Having never heard of Oware, I did a Google search and read a bit about this game. It says the game is widely considered suitable for serious adult competition. There is a whole article about the game here, so check it out for yourself!
Get HandAwe here for $7.00!
Palm OS Updated:
Power Hero, by Hobbyist Software has been updated to version 1.27 BETA!
Power Hero helps you to get the best out of your Battery!
If for any reason you don't like Power Hero- I will give you a 100% refund!
Console -Instantly see and control the main power drains on your Treo
Schedule - Set your Treo's functions to be on only when you need them
Save - Automatically turn off power draining features after you have finished using them
Auto Bluetooth - turn your Bluetooth on automatically when your call arrives!
Shortcuts - use the free shortcut applications to control features from your launcher
- Instantly see the status of the power-using features of your device.
- Instantly turn features on and off (like Bluetooth, Network, Phone, Infrared)
- Easily schedule when features should turn themselves on and off.
- Power Hero has a very flexible scheduling system which is also remarkably easy to use.
- You can control all the power-draining features on your Treo and set up schedules as simple or as complex as you like.
- Turn features off when you are done with them...
- It is as if Power Hero turns the light off for you when you leave the room!
- When you use the internet, the application will automatically make a network connection. Normally that connection would be left on indefinitely. Power Hero lets you turn it off automatically a few minutes after you turn off your Treo.
- A series of free 'Shortcut Applications' are available for you to easily control the power-using features on your Treo directly from your launcher.
New in 1.27 BETA:
- 11/Jan/2009 Press number key 0 - 9 (100, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90%) to set brightness on console and main screen.
- 11/Jan/2009 Swapped Bluetooth and Infrared buttons back to original positions.
- 11/Jan/2009 Renamed "REM sleep" to "Background mode" in log file
- 11/Jan/2009 Fixed: 100% brightness shortcut would set brightness to zero instead of 100
Get it here for $14.95!
Resco Explorer 2009 for Palm OS
Resco has updated its Resco Explorer 2009 for Palm OS to version 5.02!
With Resco Explorer, you get a file manager, zipper, viewer, launcher, backup tool, ftp, bluetooth and network explorer in one product! You get in one package handset of tools that used to be scattered in various applications.
One of the best features of the Explorer is its customizability. The users may choose between one- or two-panel modes, horizontal or vertical layout and setup other display aspects. Note also the possibility of the one-handed control and the support of all common devices and resolutions.
Since v4.10 Explorer supports Firefox-like Tabs and touch scrolling!
- Explorer provides a comfortable way for all file operations you may think off - copy, move, delete, rename, beam, etc.
- You may use drag&drop, copy&paste, multi-selection, touch scrolling, tabs, favorites, RAM/card conversions, sorting, searching and filtering, various viewers and editors.
- Explorer 2009 can synchronise folders (even over the network) and perform card check (chkdsk).
- Zipper is transparently integrated into the Explorer. A zip archive works just like a folder. You can manipulate its contents, view compressed images etc.
- Zipper offers also password-based encryption and even secure (AES) encryption.
- Explorer 2009 supports also tar/bzip2 archives. bzip2 plugin is included in the zip installer.
- Explorer works like classic launcher, but can also launch zipped applications and documents - images, eBooks, doc/xls files...
- Secure document storage safely stores your files and provides easy interface for their launching.
- A simple jpg/bmp/gif viewer (supporting most Palm cameras) displays even zipped images and image resources embedded in the Palm OS databases.
- Explorer has a good text editor. Text files can be created, edited, beamed, hotsynced etc.
- Manual backup: Explorer offers a multi-backup solution with fast compression, incremental backup, encryption, sorting and filtering and with open zip format. Unique feature is the backup verification.
- Explorer contains editors of the preferences, file associations or alarms and provides access to other system internals.
- RAM Analyzer: Explorer offers structured folder view of the RAM with the databases sorted into reasonably defined folders. Ideal for PDA cleaning.
- Explorer supports LAN/Bluetooth networks and FTP. In all cases Explorer presents remote resources just like another card. (No need to learn anything!)
- Explorer serves as an ideal front-end for VPN clients.
- FTP starters may use free FTP account at the DriveHQ hosting service.
- Do you want to listen an mp3 located on a Nokia phone? (View an image, copy a file...) Just use Explorer Bluetooth browser.
- Network panel contains low-level tcp commands (ping, tracert) and the time synchronization with World time servers.
New for Explorer 2009:
- Enhanced text editor (unlimited size, word wrapping)
- Extended FTP support
- Folder synchronization
- Card check (chkdsk)
- Support for tar/tar.gz/bzip2 archives
- Check of the zip integrity
New in v5.02:
- Sync Dialog - Up to 5 different setups possible
- Improved card check
- Other small improvements (user requests)
If you've never heard of or used Resco Explorer, do a Google search and see all the good things people are saying about it! Hey, fellow writer Andre Kibbe recently reviewed Resco Explorer for Palm OS. Read what Andre had to say about it and keep in mind that the product has only been improved since then!!
Get it here for $29.95!!
EZQuote Estimator, by RangerPDA, has been updated to version 1.2!
EZQuote Estimator allows you to easily create estimates and job quotations on-the-spot. An intuitive layout simplifies entry of customers, job names and line-items consisting of labor and material descriptions and charges.
Companion Windows PC application allows you to sync your customer and job data to facilitate printing and convenient database management.
Ideal for: Estimators, construction contractors, landscapers, builders, handymen, insurance adjusters etc.
- EZQuote Estimator for PalmOS:
- The BEST value in a full-featured estimating application for PalmOS!
- Simple and intuitive layout.
- Two customizable tax rates and names that allow you to apply them to labor and/or parts.
- Apply a markup to parts.
- Color customization for easier grid viewing.
- Battery gauge - Click to view volts and % charge remaining.
- Sketching function to draw quick renderings that may be viewed on the companion PC application and inserted into printed quotes.
- Full function calculator built in - No need to leave EZQuote to make calculations. When clicking the "Off" button, you are returned to the quote page where your calculation result is inserted into the field you were working on. Calculator also contains helpful graphical volume calculators with unit conversion outputs.
- Customizable parts and labor database with editable categories.
- Large memo field for each job name.
- Scheduling "Gantt Chart" with dependency arrow to show at a glance when you have time blocks available.
- Statistics screen that graphically shows individual and/or total job statistics such as: Total jobs, Jobs paid, Jobs unpaid etc.
- Job accounting screen to track dates and amounts for invoices sent or payments received.
- Supports PalmOS global "Find".
- EZQuote Desktop:
- Sync with your handheld to view and print estimates.
- Create and edit your own quote templates.
- Easily enter and edit Parts and Labor items.
- View sketches from handheld and insert them into your quotes
Man! This sounds like just the thing for a business professional on the go! Forget taking your computer with you, just carry your handheld to total up parts and labor for a job - then, use the client's computer and printer to print out the particulars! The EZQuote Desktop makes using your handheld with your laptop a feasible combination when on the road!
Get it here for $39.99!
Diagnose, by Handcase has been updated to version 2.0!
Diagnose 2.0 is a new version and is a suite of 10 medical tools for Palm to organize diagnostics information. Sketches of male and female Reproductive System, Urinary System, Circulatory System, Cardiac System, Brain, Respiratory System, Muscular System, Digestive System and Skeleton. More Freehand Notes tool with dated notes. A powerful complement for our software Doctor!
- male and female Reproductive System
- Urinary System
- Circulatory System
- Cardiac System
- Respiratory System
- Muscular System
- Digestive System
- Freehand and dated notes
Get it here for $15.00!
Next Page: WM Software >>