More Treo 800w Leaks Fun
Feel that breeze? Ah yes, the spinning rumor mill keeps the air moving quite nicely this time of year. Our sister site WMExperts reported over the weekend about Engadget Mobile getting their hands on some leaked spec sheets and training materials on the Treo 800w.
Engadget mentions that MMS is mysteriously missing in lieu of Sprint Picture Mail. Dieter had some interesting thoughts on the missing MMS in the WMExperts article:
Engadget notes the lack of MMS, an aspect of WinMo on Sprint we've often bemoaned in the past. Sprint has promised to rectify the situation, but that was before they started hemorrhaging subscribers and before they began their Samsung Instinct Blitz. In other words, we wouldn't be entirely surprised if Sprit has taken their eyes off the MMS on Windows Mobile Ball.
Engadget's article also mentioned the 333 Mhz processor being a new tidbit, but we actually already knew that spec detail. However, you will see something new in this screenshot above. In addition to the standard Windows Live Search field, looks like Palm replaced their first-to-market, on-the-Today Screen search field with a new, on-the-Today Screen local search field. Dieter also notes that there's a tethering status icon in the upper right. I still can't believe that Apple isn't icluding tethering support for the upcoming iPhone 3G.
Below is a Treo 800w Spec Refresher:
- Radio - CDMA 800 (Digital Cellular), 1900 (PCS), and 1.5GHz (GPS) - EVDO and 1XRTT
- Phone Features - Personal speakerphone - MicroUSB standard B connector (2.0-compliant; for sync cable, charger, and audio accessories) - External antenna port - Microphone mute option - HAC compatible (M4/T4 rating)
- Processor technology - TI processor, 333MHz
- Expansion - microSD/SDHC card slot
- Operating system - Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Camera - Still image capture resolution: 1600 x 1200, 2.0 megapixel - Automatic light balance
- Size - 4.41 in. x 2.28 in. x 0.73 in. (112mm x 58mm x 18.5mm)
- Weight - 4.94 ounces (140 grams)
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi (802.11b/g and 802.11i-compliant) - Infrared (1.2-compliant) - Bluetooth® wireless technology (Complies with Bluetooth 2.0 EDR specification. Supports GAP, GOEP [OBEX], SPP, SDAP, OPP, HSP, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRCP, PAN, PBAP, ActiveSync, and BPP.)
- Display - 320 x 320 pixel touch-sensitive LCD screen (includes stylus) - 65,536 colors (16-bit color)
I love the color of the Treo 800w in the pic. I think that Malatesta had mentioned that the default color will be Charcoal. Either color will be very nice. I wish that the pic in the leaked material had a shot of the top of the 800w. I'd like to get a look at that Wi-Fi button.