Tour of Palm's New Pre Stuff on Palm.com
Today sure has been an exciting one, huh? I can't remember being this excited in quite awhile. I knew that Palm could pull it off. I had faith in them! I want a Palm Pre soooooooo bad! I can't wait to get my hands on one and give it a whirl! What a revolutionary smartphone the Palm Pre looks to be. I haven't been in such awe since I watched Steve Jobs demoing the iPhone awhile back.
Now, just go ahead and pull up your drool bucket first thing. Mine has run over several times already today. Palm's website has been updated and now has some juicy Palm Pre stuff. First up, check out the teaser video. I drool each time I watch it and see the glossy Pre being turned around. The music is beautiful and soothing. The narrator's voice is very nice too. I love the part where he says, "What if it could do things you never knew a phone could do? And was designed like no phone you've ever seen before?" Such a short and simple video, yet it gives me cold chills each time I see it. Well done Palm.
Below are the categories and some info Palm.com has on the Palm Pre:
- Connected Calendars and Contacts - Pre uses the Palm® Synergy feature to bring your Outlook®, Google, and Facebook® calendars together for one logical view of your day. And if you have the same contacts in different places, Pre can link them together, making it easy to find the information you need.
- Notifications Bar - Things like text messages and calendar appointments appear as notifications at the bottom of the screen. You'll know what's going on without being completely interrupted or losing your train of thought.
- Universal Search - Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, or even Wikipedia. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it's easier to find what you need.
- Email, Wi-Fi, and GPS - Check email from Outlook® or personal accounts like Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo!. Take advantage of Wi-Fi hotspots. And look up directions or nearby points of interest using GPS. It's everything you need, everywhere you go.
- Multiple Activities - Keep multiple applications open and move easily between them email, maps, photos, websites, whatever. Pre thinks of your applications as "activity cards", and lets you flip through them, move them around, or throw them off screen.
- Web-Connected Applications - An incredibly fast browser brings you full websites the way they were meant to be seen. Plus, the applications on the phone are connected to the web and constantly updated, so you get the latest information without having to work for it.
- Combined Messaging - Thanks to Synergy, all your conversations with the same person are grouped together in one chat-style view. (Even if it started in IM, for example, and you want to reply with text.) You can also see whos online right from contacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
- Breakthrough Design - Slide out the keyboard for faster and easier texting. Close it up and rotate Pre for music, websites, photos, and videos in full widescreen glory. You get the best of both worlds in one beautifully designed phone.
Okay, raise your hand if you've got drool on your computer keyboard. You KNOW I do! Boyhowdy, I just felt a breeze as all those hands around the world were just raised! I recall Dieter saying today during the live blog that he had tears in his eyes. And that would be tears of joy of course! ;-)
So, the Palm Pre is looking like a winner so far! Like many of our forum members and folks who were commenting live today said, Palm has hit this one out of the ballpark.
You can check out the Palm Pre at Palm's website.
Also be sure to check out Dieter's excellent Palm Pre Impressions, Part One article.